There has been SO MUCH going on lately, and we're sorry that the blog hasn't been updated as often as usual! Here are some highlights from our lives:
~ Paige is WALKING! Paige took her first steps on September 1st, and started walking everywhere a few weeks after that.
~ Because of her new Walking Skills, Paige has "graduated" from the Older Infant class at her Daycare, and is now in the Young Toddler class. She seems to have a lot of fun there! The teachers all call her "sweet". Obviously, this is literally true because she currently has a bite mark on her arm from one of the little boys in her class! ;)
~ Unfortunately, I (Beth) got into a car accident in the middle of September with Paige in the car with me. My old Jeep (aka: Big Blue, named after my big bag that I took to Russia!) hydro-planed when I slammed on my breaks after the woman in front of me did the same, on a crowded street in North Plano. Thank goodness that we were all okay. I was a little sore, but Paige was running around the very next day. It was still one of the most traumatic things I have ever experienced, especially as a mother. The Cherokee was totalled, but after much research on Safety Ratings, Gas Mileage... and considering price... Eric and I purchased a new car. Another Jeep -- This time a metallic (Raider) Red Patriot!
~ I also had some minor dental surgery, a tooth pulled, a root canal, and then got a "dry socket" which was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. It's been a long month! Our family is really looking forward to October!
~ We are somewhat settled into the new house! The Kitchen and Living Room are organized. Paige's room is pretty organized. Our Office and our Bedroom are still full of boxes, but that's okay. We have time. We really love the house and having a home to build together. Paige seems to like all of the room, and we're glad that she's walking now, so that she's not sweeping up the wood floors while crawling on her knees!!
~ Paige has also started throwing temper tantrums! For now, we are ignoring them, and hoping that she will discontinue if she doesn't get a response. We know that the days of time-out will be coming later...
~ Paige is also growing into such a girly-girl! She LOVES her shoes, carrying Mommy's purse, wearing jewelry, and batting her eyelashes... all of this really worries her Daddy! ;)
~ Paige continues to dance ALL THE TIME! She will whimper in the car until music that she can dance to is turned on the radio. She likes hip-hop, country, bluegrass, and tejano! It's hilarious!
~ Our little girl continues to be cuddly, loving, happy, determined, and a miracle. Our lives are so full, and we are thankful every day.
Good-bye September, Hello October!
We are ready for you!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
BEF! I want to see you too! Any chance you'll be close to lubbock soon??? Max would love to meet Paige; he has a thing for blondes i think:)
Post a Comment